While many flower arrangements look excellent in your dining room or kitchen, not all flowers can be used on your living room table. For example, you wouldn’t want to use super-fragrant lilies because the smell would overwhelm the room. If you’re hosting a dinner party, you’ll want to look for best flowers for your living room table that will impress your guests without distracting them from the food.
Preparation is Key
Before you run out and buy a ton of flowers, make sure to give some thought as to how you plan on caring for them in the future. Some flowers can be finicky, and you don’t want to find yourself in a situation where you’ve got wilting arrangements all over your home because you didn’t do some research beforehand. Here’s what to consider:
– Prepare an area where the flowers can sit until they’re used; this area should get at least 4 hours of sunlight per day.
– Keep in mind that vases require daily watering and weekly cleaning (unless it’s self-watering).
– Make sure there is a place where you can dry flowers for the winter.
– Pick up a good book on flower care to learn how to keep your flowers looking beautiful.
Top 9 Best Flowers for Your Living Room Table
Now that we’ve covered the basics, let’s look at some ideas for what type of arrangements go well in a living room set:
Poinsettias are an excellent choice if your Christmas tree is still up and you’re not quite ready to take it down yet. You could also use poinsettias as an alternative decoration during other times of the year.
Since Victorian times, these striking flowers have been used in interior design and can be easily purchased in various colours and heights. They’re also very easy to care for, making them an excellent choice for first-time florists.
Hydrangeas are stunning flowers with big, beautiful blooms in several vibrant shades, including pink, white and blue. What makes this type of arrangement so special is the contrast between the large petals and smaller foliage; it’s something you have to see up close to appreciate truly. Remember that you can also create interesting arrangements by contrasting hortensias with more formal flowers like roses.
4. Birds of Paradise
These flowers are considered highly exotic, and they make great living room table decorations because their dark, intense colours contrast so well with lighter blooms. For best results, use two different colours of flowers per vase.
Dahlias come in various colours and sizes. They look really good when displayed on living room tables because their ruffled petals resemble fabric more than they do actual flower petals. Best of all, these flowers look just as beautiful when used for informal arrangements as they do when used to decorate formal events like weddings and parties.
Roses are always popular during Valentine’s Day, but they’re also the perfect flower to use on your living room table all year round. If you want roses that last longer, try growing some on your windowsill or using floral preservatives.
These flowers are great on their own, but they’re even better when contrasted with foliage like ferns and ornamental grasses. For best results, use one type of flower per vase.
This is another spring-time flower that comes in many different colours; tulips look good displayed together in an informal group arrangement. Best of all, you can even grow tulips on your windowsill, so you have a steady supply of flowers to use for living room table decorations.
You can find sunflowers in many colours, although some are more common than others (yellow is the most common). This type of arrangement will draw attention because it’s bold yet cheerful at the same time.
How to Choose Right Flowers for your Living Room Table
Now that you know what types of flowers go well in a living room table setting, it’s time to learn how to choose the right ones. Here are a few tips:
– When selecting flowers for your arrangements, keep your colour scheme in mind because one white flower can ruin an entire arrangement that has been carefully planned out.
– Make sure each type of flower is marked by quality since this will affect the overall look of your arrangement. Good quality flowers will last longer than cheap, low-quality flowers.
– Sometimes, you can choose just the right number of flowers for your arrangement by using an odd number (For example, five or seven.) Keep in mind that most floral arrangements are round, so it’s best to avoid this type of symmetry if you want something truly unique.
Flowers can be used as decorations on living room tables; consider things like sunlight and water availability when choosing them. When selecting flowers for your living room table, using the wrong combination of flowers can ruin an otherwise beautiful arrangement.
Happy Flower Arranging!